Effective: 1 July 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When registering as a customer of Curve Concepts, or when requesting a quotation, you will be asked to provide your name, telephone number, email address, company of employment and your position in that company. This information is not displayed on any public pages and will not be made available to any other user, customer or visitor.
When registering as a reseller of Curve Concepts, you will be asked to provide the above, plus additional information, including your business registration details, the identity documents of the directors and their addresses, as well as contact details for other, relevant personnel within your organisation. This is for the purpose of determining the eligibility of an organisation as a reseller and to reduce fraudulent transactions by ensuring business legitimacy. This information is not displayed on any public pages and will not be made available to any other user, customer or visitor.
We do not knowingly collect information from minors. If you are under 18, please do not provide us with any personal information through the site.
HOW WE USE DATA
- Respond to enquiries made by representatives of your company or organisation
- Process, fulfil and deliver orders placed by your company or organisation and its representatives
- Manage our relationship with your company or organisation and its representatives, which may include transactional (order) contact, re-engagement following an order and notification about changes to products, services or policies
- Respond to complaints, legal actions or collect outstanding debts
- Administer and protect our business and website (maintenance, testing and troubleshooting, support, data reporting and analysis)
- Deliver relevant website content and marketing to you and to measure the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising programmes
- Use data analytics to improve our service offering, customer experience, website or products
- Display reviews that you post about us on third party review websites
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis that allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent it is required by law.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer/device and maintained by your browser. They often include a randomised unique identifier so that our website can ‘recognise’ returning customers, for example remembering your login information or other settings so that you don’t have to re-enter them each time you visit the site. No passwords, credit card details or personal information is stored in cookies.
You can set your browser to refuse all cookies, purge them periodically (or manually) or to notify you when a cookie is being sent, but some key features of the site may not function without them, so we recommend that you leave them turned on.
The cookies that we use enable us to:
- facilitate your access to the website
- measure your usage of the website
- measure the performance of the website
- understand your interests when browsing the website
You can also manage your advertisement preferences within the Ad Centres on social media platforms, which we may use for marketing from time to time.
We may use third parties (or “operational service providers”) for the purpose of administering, operating, configuring our website, maintaining and providing support for our website (including form design and data storage), and distributing our online, email, messaged, or web-based newsletters and other information.
- Courier or fulfilment companies
- Third-party review sites
- Third-party payment processing gateways
- Legal or debt recovery consultants
- Regulators and authorities
- Other divisions within Curve Concepts that provide related products and services
We also reserve the right to share personal information:
When compelled by a governmental agency, law, regulation, court or other legal process
If we believe you are or may be a threat to safety, security, property, interests or rights of us or anyone else
In order to investigate, respond to or resolve problems or queries, or to protect, enforce or defend our rights, assets and/or interests
In a merger, acquisition, change of control, partial or total sale or transfer of assets including in a bankruptcy proceeding, joint venture, or other business combination
Your personal information will not be passed to any third-party organisation for the purposes of their marketing to you.
We have put in place reasonable security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your personal data to only those employees, advisers, business partners and suppliers who need access in order to perform their duties and who are under appropriate commitments of confidentiality.
However, the Internet is a public network and we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Curve Concepts, or to others through our site, will be free from unauthorised access or interference by third parties. By using our website, you agree to assume this risk and any or all responsibility and liability that may arise.
We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WE KEEP DATA
Your personal data is retained for:
- as long as necessary to support our legitimate interests in dealing with your company or organisation
- for sufficient duration to ensure compliance with our obligations under the laws of the Republic of South Africa, including legal, regulatory and financial requirements
- for sufficient duration to support or defend any claims made by or against us.
After this time the data will be anonymised or deleted.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and/or applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their terms, conditions, policies or practices, including those concerning data collection, use and disclosure. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy policies of each website you visit.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
You can request to receive all of the personal information that we have obtained from you for the purpose of review, change or removal. Please send all such requests to the Information Officer on email@example.com or by telephone on +27 11 793 7316. You may be asked to verify your identity when requesting changes on certain personal information. If you ask us to remove your personal information, we reserve the right to retain as much of it and for so long as necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory, internal audit, and record-keeping requirements.
When you register on our website, you acknowledge that you will receive information and updates about our website, products, or services. You may opt out of receiving marketing or similar email communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions we will include in each email we send you. You may also send an email with the subject line “Unsubscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will action accordingly. Please note that you may not opt-out of transactional emails related to your account or purchases.